Family Lawyer with 2 – 5 years’ PQE required
Posted on 8 November 2018
Oben Law is young, dynamic law firm with a steadily growing family law department. The successful candidate will work closely with Advocate Claire Rigby to build and strengthen our existing service offering.
Role and Responsibilities
We require a 2- 5 years’ PQE lawyer to join our thriving family law practice. The successful candidate will be required to work autonomously, managing and assisting in cases, often dealing with high net worth clients. They will also have the benefit of working in a friendly, collaborative environment in a busy legal business alongside highly-regarded advocates. Your responsibilities will involve assisting with all areas of law covered by the family law department, including:
- Divorce, dissolution of civil partnerships, cohabitation
- Pre- and post- nuptial agreements
- High net worth finance and property
- Arrangements for children
- Minimum 2 years’ PQE in family law
Core skills / experience
- Confidence and competency in oral and written advocacy
- Ability to draft quality court documents and correspondence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client management ability
- Networking and business development skills
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- An interesting variety of work with one of the top-rated family law advocates in Jersey
- Professional development and training from experienced advocates
- Significant succession opportunity in a burgeoning boutique law firm
- Competitive remuneration package in line with experience
This position is available immediately.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
If you are interested or would like more information, please forward your CV with a covering letter to Advocate Claire Rigby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for all applications is 31 December 2018.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Jersey to apply for this job.