Oben e-Learning- Regulatory framework module
Understanding the regulatory context in which you are operating is fundamental to establishing and maintaining an effective compliance management system.
This course explains how the financial services industry is regulated in Jersey and emphasises the need for individual and collective compliance with regulations.
Understanding the role and powers of the JFSC, from authorisation to supervision and, in some cases, enforcement, gives employees greater confidence in their interactions with the regulator as well as driving home the importance of complying with you own control framework.
- Background to Financial Regulation
- The Role and Powers of the JFSC
- Supervisory Codes of Practice
- AML/CFT obligations
- Case Studies
- Summary & Quiz
- Understand the purpose and aims of financial regulation
- Understand the main types of financial regulation and where they come from.
- Understand the structure of financial regulation in Jersey
- Understand the role and powers of the JFSC.
- Be aware of how the JFSC carries out its supervisory functions
- Be aware of and understand the key laws and obligations relating to ML/TF and sanctions in Jersey
- Be aware of the purpose and content of the supervisory Codes of Practice
- Understand how regulatory requirements interact with internal policies and procedures.
- Be aware of supervisory findings published by the JFSC
- Be aware of relevant enforcement action taken by the JFSC